Why do we sometimes feel God doesn’t hear our prayers? How to pray in a manner that we can be assured of answers at all times?
What is prayer?
What should we ask in prayer?
Why to pray?
How to pray?
What are the conditions for receiving answers to pray?
Attitude while praying?
What are some possible answers to prayer ?
What is Prayer?
- Prayer is two-way communication with God. It is the practice of the presence of God.
- It is the place where pride is abandoned, praise and thanksgiving are given, and supplication (asking humbly) is made.
- Prayer is the place of admitting our need, of adopting humility, and being dependent on God. Prayer is an essential practice of the Christian.
- Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope.
- Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through the Son of God, Jesus our Lord.
- Prayer changes the one praying because in prayer, you are in the presence of God as you lay before Him your complete self in confession and dependence.
Do you know God wants you to come confidently into his presence (Hebrews 4 :16) and to talk to him about everything (Philippians 4:6).
He loves us so much that he intensely interested in us and in our needs.
Now, you may be having doubts that when I have asked he didn’t answer….. You may be thinking that………… Is he really interested in me?
If yes then , why is my prayer still unanswered?
Let’s Look at what God has promised us…..
Process of Forgiveness
In whose name should you pray?
In the name of Jesus.
What he promised?
Ask and you will receive.
What results from such prayer?
Your joy will be complete.
What to pray?
Benefits of prayer
John 16:24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
Philippians 4:6-7 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
What Are Some Conditions for Answered Prayer?
Conditions for Answered Prayer (Cont'd)
What are some possible answers to prayer?
Yes – God may graciously and promptly answer our prayers in the very way we request.
Wait – God may delay His answer to impress on us our need of Him – The times of delay and the apparent silences of God bring us to our knees in reflective and total trust in God.
No – Sometimes God denies our requests
The Christian must be willing to accept “no” as an answer to our prayers. Frequently Christians will complain that God is not answering their prayer when in fact He has answered but they are unwilling to accept a loving, holy, no!
How to pray? A-C-T-S
P – Presence and power of the King
R – Realizes that you are special
A – Abandoned pride
Y – Your connection with God
E – Exercise of faith and hope
R – Receive God’s peace
1. What are hindrances to answered prayer? How do we prevent them?
2. Why do people often feel that God is not answering their prayer? How can they overcome these doubts?
3. What are some typical mistakes people make in their manner of prayer?