The Israelite nation has slipped into an irrecoverable downward spiral. Their only hope is Jesus, the Saviour, God in human form. The perfect role model; the perfect teacher; The perfect leader.
Old Testament (OT) Book Summary (Recap)
New Testament (NT) Book Summary (Recap)
Times of the Gentiles
The New Testament brings a shift from God’s people being Jews to now encompassing the rest of the world – the Gentiles or non Jews. Broad timelines are:
- Babylonian captivity – 600 BC ->
- Silent years – 445 BC ->
- Church age – AD 30 ->
- Rapture/Tribulation/Second Coming 
The Degenerating Cycles of Spiritual Leadership
New Testament Summary
The New Testament can be divided into:
- Gospels: Jesus’ life, teachings and sacrificial death through various lenses.
- Acts of the apostles: Dynamic transformation in lives of the disciples soon after Jesus’ death and resurrection
- Paul’s letters: to churches and leaders
- Powerful letters: by Peter, James, John, Jude, etc.
- Revelation: ties loose ends of the current and future world in a grand majestic finale
New Testament vs. Old Testament
In both the Old and New Testament eras:
- God is the same
- His character is the same
- His Word is the same
- The Law is the same
- His relationship with us is the same
- Wickedness of man is the same
- Behaviour of God’s people are the same
It is only our perception and understanding that has increased with the revelation of Jesus
What aspect of Old Testament is old?
In the Old Testament there were:
- Imperfect people communicating a perfect message
- Imperfect people practicing a perfect law
The same trend continues in the New Testament, except that the perfect person with the perfect message came to earth- JESUS
Jesus never said the law was irrelevant, he condemned the practice of it.
Jesus speaks directly..
Hebrews 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high
New Testament completes
- The Old Testament commences with bringing us a perfect world
- The New Testament brings us the:
- Perfect Saviour
- Perfect leader and role model
- Perfect future after judgment – of victory, of glory.
We, however continue to be imperfect with clouded perceptions but strive to achieve a better level of perception and perfection.
2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
- Jesus completed the circle of the law by fulfilling it through his life enabling us to fulfil it through our relationship with Him.
- This relationship is based on acknowledgement and reciprocation of His divine love and forgiveness
- It strengthens our relationship with the father, the holy spirit and word.
The usage of God as Father is much more in the NT:
- “When he came to his senses, he said… “I will set out and go back to my father” –Luke 15:17
- How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! –1 John 3:1
- For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. — Romans 8:15-16
- Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? –Matthew 6:26
- And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.“ Acts 4:12
- For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; Philippians 3:20
- It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. 1 Timothy 1:15
The Leader – Christ’s Words
- Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. Matthew 16:24
- But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. “It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; Matthew 20:25-28
- “You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. “If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. “For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. John 13:13-16
The Leader –Paul’s Words
- Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1
- Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. Ephesians 5:1-2
- Bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Colossians 3:13
The Leader- Peter’s Words
For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH; 1 Peter 2:20-22
The Leader-John’s Words
- The one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1 John 2:6
- Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:15-16
- However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. Romans 8:9
- seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 1 Peter 1:11
- Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!“ Galatians 4:6
- For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:2
- For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. Psalm 33:4, NIV
- Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:4, NIV
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1, NIV
- “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. “Matthew 24:15
- “For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.”Matthew 24:24
“But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken, 30 and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31 And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other. “Matthew 24:29-31
- Hub – Israel
- Moved to rest of world
- Moving back to Israel after refinement
Zechariah 13:7″Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, And against the man, My Associate,” Declares the LORD of hosts.” Strike the Shepherd that the sheep may be scattered; And I will turn My hand against the little ones. 8″It will come about in all the land,” Declares the LORD, “That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it. This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’“
The Roman Empire - in Christ's time
The Regathering of Israel – Last Three Centuries
While Jews were scattered, persecuted, tortured killed in large numbers following Christ’s death
- The waste desert land of Israel started becoming irrigated by returning Jews as prophesied
- The nation which did not exist was reborn (1948)
- Is the only Jehovah worshipping nation in the world
- Is it coming together for Christ’s second coming?
pAlestinian loss of land to israel
What Israel has given away for peace
1.@ Dr. Heinz Lycklama